“Inquisitive by nature, creative in practice. Self-determined, first-generation college student set on changing the world.”
Fun fact about yourself: I spent five days trekking through the High Atlas Mountains in Morocco during the Summer of 2015.
Hometown: Marysville, WA
High School: Marysville Getchell High School – School for the Entrepreneur
Major: Double Major – Business Administration (Finance & Operations and Supply Chain Management) & Public Health
Favorite Business Courses: Managerial Accounting; Business, Government, and Societies; Business Communications; Managerial Economics; Entrepreneurial Finance; Leadership & Organization Behavior; Introduction to Project Management; Principles of Operations Management.
Extracurricular Activities, Community Work and Leadership Roles During College:
- Health Innovation Challenge, Student Leadership Team, January 2017 – Present
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Treasurer, May 2015 – Present
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon National Fraternity, Leadership School Ambassador, April 2016 – August 2016
- Undergraduate Business Council Mentorship Program, Mentee, December 2015 – June 2016
- Global Social Ambassador, Foreign Ambassador, December 2015 – June 2016
- InterFraternity Council, Vice President of Administration, December 2015 – December 2016
- Health Innovation Challenge, Student Leadership Team, October 2015 – March 2016
- Business Leaders in Health Care (BLHC), President, March 2015 – December 2016
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Community Service Chairman, December 2014 – June 2015
- Business Leaders in Health Care (BLHC), VP of Communications, March 2014 – March 2015
- Language Exchange Program, Language Exchange Partner, October 2013 – May 2014
- Delta Sigma Pi Professional Fraternity, Member
- Order of Omega Honor Society, Member
- Mortar Board – Tolo Chapter Honor Society, Member
Where have you interned during your college career?
- University of Washington Alumni Association; Seattle, WA; Student Intern
- Swedish Medical Center – First Hill; Seattle, WA; Healthcare Scholar
- The Boeing Company; Tukwila, WA; Finance – Contracts Cash Management
- Consulting and Business Development Center; Seattle, WA; Student Intern
- The Boeing Company; Seattle, WA; Finance – Rates Management
Describe your dream Job: My dream job would be a project manager or consultant implementing healthcare solutions in developing countries. The aspects of these two careers that attract me are the international and collaborative nature coupled with the fact that the business environment and specific tasks are always changing.
Who is your favorite professor? Ruth Huwe – she challenged me in my courses and helped me realize my potential. Under her direction, I was able to learn about the extensive opportunities within the business field, specifically in regards to international development. Her class allowed me to understand that my skills are desired and I have the potential to make a big difference in the world.
What did you enjoy most about majoring in a business-related field? My favorite aspect of majoring in business is the interdisciplinary and collaborative nature of each class. I truly enjoy working with groups and being exposed to various team dynamics because I find it exciting to observe how different people approach problems. I really enjoy seeing how I interact with different individuals and I love to lead groups of people through challenging tasks because of the learning opportunities I derive from the experience.
What is the biggest lesson you gained from studying business? We live and operate in a globally focused world; the only way to stay ahead of the pack is to work in teams composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Where would you like to work after graduation? Program Manager, PATH
What are your long-term professional goals? Over the next eight years, I would like to volunteer with the Peace Corps, get a Masters in Public Administration, and complete a career foundation rotation program at a Fortune 100 company. After all of these experiences, I aspire to be a chief strategy officer at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or any comparable organization.
What advice would you give to a student looking to major in a business-related field? The power of networking is real! Continue to meet with people (regardless of their background) and share your aspirations with them because you never know who may help you along your journey.
“I knew I wanted to major in business when…I realized that I could potentially be my own boss and run a large corporation that makes a big difference in the world.”
“If I didn’t major in business, I would be…a psychologist. I love studying people because I like to understand what makes them tick.”
“Before I entered business school, I wish I had known…about the power of networking!”
What was the happiest moment of your life? When I got accepted into the University of Washington as a Freshmen Direct admit. As one of the first people in my family to attend college, this was a major accomplishment that filled me with a lot of joy.
Which academic, extracurricular or personal achievement are you most proud of? My eighteen month internship at Swedish Medical Center on First Hill. This internship allowed me to learn more about the healthcare industry while giving back to people in need.
What animal would you choose to represent your professional brand? A penguin, because they are collaborative (huddle for warmth), versatile (can swim and walk very well), and thoughtful (pick a special pebble for their love).
Who would you most want to thank for your success? My mother. She has inspired me to accomplish my dreams and aim for the stars. She has continued to be my rock and is always there when I need her.
What would you like your business school peers to say about you after you graduate from this program? That I used my business skills to make a difference. I drew connections between business and the healthcare industry in order to make a positive impact on the world.
Favorite book: A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Favorite movie: The Shawshank Redemption
Favorite musical performer: Tupac
Favorite vacation spot: Any place with good company and good food
What are your hobbies? Snowboarding, hanging out with friends, attending concerts, traveling, yoga, swimming, cooking, and dancing.